Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Rotating of Crews for the NFL
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions

Post subject: Rotating of Crews for the NFL
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:58 pm 

Hi Scott,

I am curious how often does the NFL rotate the crews? Is it every other year? Does the Head Referee of his crew decide who he would love to work with?

Sincerely,

Becky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Good questions Becky,
I have invited Ed to join our site and personally answer the questions. I know the officials are not allowed to talk with the media during the season, so I'm waiting to see what his thoughts are. Obviously, we are not the media, and only have basic questions for him, but, never the less, we don't want to do anything to jeopardize his career.

If nothing else, I can get the answers to any questions that are posted throughout the season. Hang tight, I'll know tonight whether he can join us during the season.

Post subject: Hi Scott
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:12 pm 

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your post. I will try to think of more basic questions (Rules & Regulations) that would not jeopardize your Father's positon in the NFL.

I have loved football since I can remember. Well to be more specific since the Late 1960's. So again I will keep my questions simple.

Best Wishes,

Becky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:29 am 
Site Admin

The officiating crews get rotated on a yearly basis. Not completely broken up though. There is usually only a change of 1 or 2 officials on the crew each year. The head referee is able to make "requests" to the league office of who he would like to remain on the crew, however, the final decision comes when the Supervisors have their meeting to determine the crews.

My dad's is the only crew this year that didn't have a change from last year.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm 

Scott

Beg to differ about crew changes :)

Green R19 crew and Leavy R127 crew did not change as well this year 2007...jc

Ed was one of three crews that did not change crew members...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

JC wrote:
Scott

Beg to differ about crew changes :)

Green R19 crew and Leavy R127 crew did not change as well this year 2007...jc

Ed was one of three crews that did not change crew members...

Ok,
Clearly you have much more invested in the League Officials and their crews than I do. I'm simply going off information I receive from an "inside" source. :wink:

Nevertheless, there is "usually" a turnover of 1 or 2 each year.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:31 pm 

With Larry Nemmers retiring and the possibility of Gerald Austin, it is possible to have a bit more shakeup come the start of next season.

Ryan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:58 pm 

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is "usually" a turnover of 1 or 2 each year.

I will agree with you on this

Quote:
With Larry Nemmers retiring and the possibility of Gerald Austin, it is possible to have a bit more shakeup come the start of next season.

Depending on retirements/resignations, etc..., likely- but the league probably tries to balance this out...

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions