Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Week 4 Preview
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements

Post subject: Week 4 Preview
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Quick take: Packers (3-0) at Vikings (1-2)

NFL.com

Last meeting
Green Bay kicker Dave Rayner kicked three field goals, including 44-yard game-winner with 1:43 remaining to give the Packers a 9-7 victory on Dec. 21, 2006.

Streaks
The Packers have won the last two games. The Packers have won three of the last four games played in Minnesota.

Last week
Green Bay came from behind to beat San Diego in thrilling fashion, 31-24. Quarterback Brett Favre threw his 420th career touchdown pass to seal the victory, tying Dan Marino for most in league history. ... The Vikings' offense was shut out after leading 10-0 at halftime against the Chiefs. Kansas City went to the air in the second half and hung on for the 13-10 victory.

At stake
Green Bay looks to start the season 4-0 for the first time since 1998 when the club finished 11-5. The Vikings aim to stop a two-game skid and notch their first NFC North win of the season.

Key matchup:
Packers QB Brett Faver vs. Vikings secondary. Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy prefers the run, but he's asked Favre to throw the Packers out of trouble so far and that's kept them undefeated. That strategy might be wise again, as Minnesota's run defense, led by LB Chad Greenway's 25 tackles and one forced fumble, is ranked third in the league. That means Favre will look to best Vikings cornerbacks Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin.

Key injuries
GREEN BAY: DE Mike Montgomery (knee), RB Vernand Morency (knee), LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder), T Chad Clifton (ankle), TE Bubba Franks (knee), DE Cullen Jenkins (wrist), T Tony Moll (neck), S Aaron Rouse (hamstring), DT Corey Williams (ankle), CB Al Harris(back), WR Greg Jennings (hamstring), DT Johnny Jolly (heel), WR James Jones (hamstring), DE Aaron Kampman (rib), G Jason Spitz (calf), CB Charles Woodson (hip) . MINNESOTA: QB Tarvaris Jackson (groin), RB Tony Richardson (forearm), S Darren Sharper (hip), S Dwight Smith (hamstring), RB Chester Taylor (hip), WR Troy Williamson (hamstring), S Mike Doss (calf) .

Did you know?
When WR Troy Williamson has 75-plus receiving yards, the Vikings are 3-0. ... The Vikings defense has scored 3 touchdowns this season, the most in NFL.

Post subject: Hi Scott
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:27 pm 

Hi Scott,

Tried to catch some of the Packer VS Viking game on the internet... The reception finally went down.

I was able to watch the last 2 minutes on Fox after the Cowboy game.

I hope NFL Network replay's the Packer VS Viking Game this week. I am sure I will watch & hope they chose to replay the game.

Best Wishes,

Becky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

We were able to watch the 4th quarter because our local station decided to dump the Boys/Girls game early. The Packers got a bit of a scare with the late fumble, but pulled it out. I'm actually glad to see Favre playing so well at the start of this season.

I couldn't believe how horrible the Rams are playing this season. On the other hand Jerry will have to break his wallet wide open for Romo.

Post subject: Hi Scott !!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:48 pm 

Hi Scott,

Must be nice,,,, I only was able to watch the last 2 minutes of the Packer VS Vikings Game. The Local Fox Channel in my area,,,,, must be PRO - BOYS... Oh well. I guess it has to do with living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. By they way I laughed @ what you said that the Rams VS Cowboys game was girls vs. boys game.

I hope to see the game (Packers VS Cowboys on NFL Network),,,, Waiting on next weekend to see your post/announcement of where your father will be officiating.

If I do not have the game locally,,,, I am going to try this week to see about getting the game on the internet.

Best Wishes,

Becky

Post subject: Re: Week 4 Preview
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:24 pm 

What game will Ed be officiating at?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:56 pm 

Hey Scott,
I'm a Charger fan and I'm NOT upset at your Dad. I enjoy watching games he's working. I kind of pride myself on picking up and calling fouls before the officials call them and I get a kick out of calling em right. Of course I get to watch the game on my 60" high def flat screen, and by the time your dad keys his mike, I've already seen the replay a couple of times from a couple of angles. Anyway, the better, more deserving team won that game. I'm dissapointed in my Chargers start to the season, hope it gets better. It was a great weekend for football with some great competition on the field, and at the end of the day, that's what I think we're all looking for. That competition is made better by great officiating by Ed and others.

The only reason I made the effort to find this web site and send a comment, was because I didn't hear nearly enough support, right away, from all the talking heads/media. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that football fans are not all like a bunch of ignorant Raider fans, OK, I'll stay nice. The next time I'm looking to watch a non-charger football game, I'll look for one your Dad's working. Integrity means everything to me.

I'm havin a hard time finding out he's a lawyer though. HEHEHEHEHEHE

Jump back on that horse buddy, see you in San Diego.

Ed White

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:03 am 

Scott wrote:
Quick take: Packers (3-0) at Vikings (1-2)

NFL.com

Last meeting
Green Bay kicker Dave Rayner kicked three field goals, including 44-yard game-winner with 1:43 remaining to give the Packers a 9-7 victory on Dec. 21, 2006.

Streaks
The Packers have won the last two games. The Packers have won three of the last four games played in Minnesota.

Last week
Green Bay came from behind to beat San Diego in thrilling fashion, 31-24. Quarterback Brett Favre threw his 420th career touchdown pass to seal the victory, tying Dan Marino for most in league history. ... The Vikings' offense was shut out after leading 10-0 at halftime against the Chiefs. Kansas City went to the air in the second half and hung on for the 13-10 victory.

At stake
Green Bay looks to start the season 4-0 for the first time since 1998 when the club finished 11-5. The Vikings aim to stop a two-game skid and notch their first NFC North win of the season.

Key matchup:
Packers QB Brett Faver vs. Vikings secondary. Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy prefers the run, but he's asked Favre to throw the Packers out of trouble so far and that's kept them undefeated. That strategy might be wise again, as Minnesota's run defense, led by LB Chad Greenway's 25 tackles and one forced fumble, is ranked third in the league. That means Favre will look to best Vikings cornerbacks Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin.

Key injuries
GREEN BAY: DE Mike Montgomery (knee), RB Vernand Morency (knee), LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder), T Chad Clifton (ankle), TE Bubba Franks (knee), DE Cullen Jenkins (wrist), T Tony Moll (neck), S Aaron Rouse (hamstring), DT Corey Williams (ankle), CB Al Harris(back), WR Greg Jennings (hamstring), DT Johnny Jolly (heel), WR James Jones (hamstring), DE Aaron Kampman (rib), G Jason Spitz (calf), CB Charles Woodson (hip) . MINNESOTA: QB Tarvaris Jackson (groin), RB Tony Richardson (forearm), S Darren Sharper (hip), S Dwight Smith (hamstring), RB Chester Taylor (hip), WR Troy Williamson (hamstring), S Mike Doss (calf) .

Did you know?
When WR Troy Williamson has 75-plus receiving yards, the Vikings are 3-0. ... The Vikings defense has scored 3 touchdowns this season, the most in NFL.

Brett leaves, and the Cowboys finally have to play a game in Lambeau, if ONLY during summer. How not surprising at all.
However, despite the blatant scheduling bias, the Cows only have a one-game series lead, and the total point differentials for the series is about one point off as well, too.

If the Cows ever had to play in GB on a fair and regular basis, then the Packers would RULE them completely.

And I'm not spending any money on Romo (I assume you meant me as "Jerry", lol).

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 am 

LOL, I'm not sure what bumped means here, so I was just trying to find out.
So this was only a test bump, folks, no one jump on me, OK? ;)

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements