Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - 0
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Articles/Videos/Photos

Post subject: 0
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:01 pm 

:arrow:

Last edited by Becky10 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Photos - Ed Hochuli WK #13 2008 Steelers VS Patriots
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:40 pm 

Last edited by Becky10 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 0
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:21 pm 

Last edited by Becky10 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:55 pm 

I noticed that Ed is wearing his number 85 this week which is nice to see.

Chris

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:04 pm 

cball1985 wrote:
I noticed that Ed is wearing his number 85 this week which is nice to see.

A lawyer never forgets his shirt twice in a row.

By the way, great first picture Becky with the Pats player doing the handstand! Even though I'm bummed about the game's outcome (yes, a Pats' fan here) I think Ed did a good job. Can only imagine what he and Belichick were discussing in the final picture.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:34 am 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:48 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:49 pm 

Great pics Becky - you are always Johnny on the Spot to get the best photos into this website and so quickly too. Thanks for your continued loyalty, I know Ed appreciates the support.

Ed was miserable for this game and his jersey and pants proved it - still damp from yesterday's game. As I said in another note, since he found out he was covering for Walt, he had his long sleeve jersey shipped to SoCal. He got back this morning exhausted not only from the wet cold conditions but the travel also took a toll on him. He's chillaxin from his favorite spot watching the surf crash in on the beach. Word on the NFL front - Walt will be back!

That's all!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:35 pm 

cat58 wrote:
Great pics Becky - you are always Johnny on the Spot to get the best photos into this website and so quickly too. Thanks for your continued loyalty, I know Ed appreciates the support.

Ed was miserable for this game and his jersey and pants proved it - still damp from yesterday's game. As I said in another note, since he found out he was covering for Walt, he had his long sleeve jersey shipped to SoCal. He got back this morning exhausted not only from the wet cold conditions but the travel also took a toll on him. He's chillaxin from his favorite spot watching the surf crash in on the beach. Word on the NFL front - Walt will be back!

That's all!

I'm sorry to hear that Ed wasn't happy, and jet lag/time travel can definitely make things tough. Nothing better than to return to the beach ;-)
Cat58, do you happen to know why Ed was covering for Walt? Did it have to do with Walt's involvement with the BCS? You may have mentioned it in another thread but I searched and couldn't find anything. Thanks! :)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 am 

It must have been horrible for Ed to have to travel across country on his bye week to work a game in crappy weather. If you read this NFL85 I am sorry, I feel your pain especially since this was the Thanksgiving weekend and your bye week.

Chris

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 am 

Hey Bullseye, I am only at liberty to say that Walt's absence had nothing to do with BCS.

And yes, Chris, Ed was very jet lagged - going from one coast to the other, anyone would be - and quite frankly he wasn't thrilled about taking time away from his down time. However, his loyalty and the fact that he loves his weekend job helped make the decision easier.

Thanks again for your support.

That's all!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:25 am 

Do officials get some sort of overtime pay for having/choosing to work during their scheduled bye week? I certainly hope so, at least for Ed given the conditions.

Chris, I noticed that you said he traveled for a "crappy" game. Would this game really have been "crappy" through an official's eyes? I feel like I read somewhere that good officials don't know what the score is at the end of the game, or even which team won (though I guess given the circumstances it wouldn't be hard to guess). There still was a lot for them to do, so apart from the weather I'm not sure whether, to an official, the game was really "crappy."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 pm 

Last edited by Becky10 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:08 am 

Here are a few shots of Ed at the coin toss. The little guy is my son Jack and Ed was kind enough to present him with a referee pin. Needless to say he's been on Cloud 9 since the game. Ed has always been a favorite ref of mine, now he's at the top of the list.

If someone can PM or email me with a mailing address for Ed, we'd like to thank him properly with a handwritten note.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:27 pm 

Last edited by Becky10 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Articles/Videos/Photos