Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Broncos fans love Hochuli
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Articles/Videos/Photos

Post subject: Broncos fans love Hochuli
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am 

I have heard several people complain about the calls from this past weekend, and all I can say is that I think it is wonderful that he followed the rules of the replay, and did not give the Chargers the ball. Hochuli can ref every Broncos game as far as I'm concerned. I was also very pleased that Ed admitted his mistake.

My only concern now is that the crew for the Broncos @ Chargers game later in the season will attempt to "atone" for Ed's mistake by intentionally making unfair calls in the favor of San Diego. We all know that mistakes happen, and I think everyone can agree that the almighty Ed would never intentionally blow a call in any circumstance, not just a crucial game deciding situation.

I look forward to finding out which game is next for Ed. I have Sunday ticket, so I will probably be tuning in...

Post subject: Re: Broncos fans love Hochuli
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 am 

eddiemac87 wrote:
I have heard several people complain about the calls from this past weekend, and all I can say is that I think it is wonderful that he followed the rules of the replay, and did not give the Chargers the ball. Hochuli can ref every Broncos game as far as I'm concerned. I was also very pleased that Ed admitted his mistake.

My only concern now is that the crew for the Broncos @ Chargers game later in the season will attempt to "atone" for Ed's mistake by intentionally making unfair calls in the favor of San Diego. We all know that mistakes happen, and I think everyone can agree that the almighty Ed would never intentionally blow a call in any circumstance, not just a crucial game deciding situation.

I look forward to finding out which game is next for Ed. I have Sunday ticket, so I will probably be tuning in...

Hi eddiemac87,

I just thought I would add this photo with your post.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 pm 

I do not think you have to worry about an offciating crew "atoning" for last Sunday. There is no way that would go on offcials get graded on EVERY PLAY if they try to atone they are only hurting themselves. My personal guess is that after what happened the game will go to a top 3 offcial, and since Ed is out I will say Mike Carey gets that game.

Chris

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:37 pm 

As a former rodeo cowboy (bull rider) and a twenty year high school footballl offical I never knew a bull rider who did not buck off and I have never seen an offical who has not made a mistake on a call. Ed is the officals, offical and my respect for him has grown in reading about and witrnessing this ordeal. Ed handled the review and after math like a man and true professional football offical. Ed will continue to be a premier offical in the NFL no doubt.

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Articles/Videos/Photos