Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Else » Tailgating Area

Post subject: Replay in HS Football
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:39 pm 

Why doesn't high school football have instant replay, we have the technology for it why not use it? I was watching a HS game on tv tonight and an official missed an obvious call. The WR touched both his feet down inbounds and had complete control of the ball, yet the official standing about 2 yards away said no catch. One replay clearly showed this as a catch, even the announcers called it a catch prior to the officials signal, but because they said incomplete the team had to punt instead of having 1st & 10 at the 16(amost a free field goal). If we have the replay technology why not that clearly incorrect call could easily be corrected. I am not saying this to pick on the guy who got the call wrong, he is human. For the record I loved the players reaction he spiked the ball and said something "inappropriate" to the offical and yet their was NO FLAG because in my opinion the guy new he blew it. If I were that player would have had the exact same reaction because you cannot miss calls that obvious(I probably would have said something worse to the old guy though).

Chris

Post subject: Re: Replay in HS Football
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:18 pm 

Almost no high school facilities have replay capabilities. Most small to medium sized colleges don't have replay capabilities. Just have to accept the game for what it is. I only work about one or two high school games a year where we even mic the referee and if these schools don't have that how do you think they can have replay capabilities? And if maybe one school has it, that doesn't mean you can use it there either. Everyone or no one or its simply not fair.

Board index » Everything Else » Tailgating Area