Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Else » Tailgating Area

Post subject: Take a minute to remember
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 am 

Let us all take a minute to remember all the victims, their families, the firefighters, the police and emergency personal that lost their precious lives on 7 years ago. And pray for all those that still live with it today and suffer from it still today. I for one was glad to hand over the flag from my job as a cave crawler at the towers to our brave men and women serving in the armed forces. God bless them all.

-PJ

Post subject: Re: Take a minute to remember
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Amen PJ,
I, personally, can not believe it has been 7 years. The images of that terrible day are still so fresh in my mind it seems like it happened yesterday.

Post subject: Re: Take a minute to remember
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:07 pm 

Hi Scott & PJ,

I have the upmost respect of anyone serving in the Armed Forces :!:

My Father(See College Section) Baylor University Grad & a Retired Lt. Col. in the Marines. He also took the time to play Football & Baseball in the Marines & train Marines to go to the Korean War.

He never saw action in war(did play alot in games), but made sure that his training helped the ones going to stay strong & be safe.

Later on -- he also helped a Paper Company get off he ground along with be a Co-Owner of a Boating Company. Also,,,, in just a few yrs joined Church's Chicken & became Exec Vice Prez of that Company & took care of his people below him. Also helped Roger Staubach & his franchise with Church's Chicken get off the ground.

I think with my father being a Marine --- helped everyone that came in his path :!: -- get a positive start in life.

Board index » Everything Else » Tailgating Area