Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Else » Polls

DO you agree that Coleman, Winter and Boger are your bottom three?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Post subject: THE REFS
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 pm 

Its not a poll but list the refs in your favorite order 1-15. ( Nemmers and Austin excluded since they are retiring )

mine are

Morelli 135
Triplette 42
Steratore 114
Hochuli 85
Corrente 99
McAulay 77
Leavy 127
Green 19
Carey 94
Carollo 63
Parry 132
Anderson 66
Boger 23
Winter 114
Coleman 65

by the way...is it scary that i did all that from memory?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm 

I agree that Winter is in the bottom three with me, maybe even the worst for one reason, Week 3 Cowboy @ Bears his crew cheated us(Cowboys) of 2 Seconds when Grossman was sacked, prior to halftime. Also, this is for his CREW T.O. did not commit OPI, nor was Witten's block illegal it was in the side not the back. Even though the final score was not affected by this horribble offciating I for one will not forget the injustice done by his crew. This is why the NFL needs to do what the smart thing and have ED, the best offcial do EVERY COWBOY"S GAME it will never happen but his crew is awesome and so is ED, this is why he does playoff games yearly WInter and crew(thankfully) did not get ont this year. Also, the Witten penalty took away a first down if Winter comes to Dallas to work a game I will have my friends and I boo him the enitre game no matter what.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm 

ha. thats funny. i don't like Winter that much. and the only reason i dont like Boger is i cannot stand watching his games because his voice is kinda wierd. and he isnt that great. What are your rankings for the refs?

I like Ed reffing my 9ers also. he only got one of our games this year,,,vs the rams. they suck, we suck, so i am sure Ed was bored.

haha.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 pm 

How do you think I feel we only had Ed once to we had Walt Anderson twice(Wash & STL) and Walt Coleman once(Minn). We never had Gene Steratore who did a great job yesterday afternoon in the Army Vs Navy college basketball game. And last year my poor Cowboy's had Boger three time THREE although I will give his crew props for hanlding the situation Week 5 @ Tennessee with the face stomping of Haynesworth. We had him in a game in ATL and the other game escapes me right now maybe @ CAR but we had him three times. I heard that Ron Winter was a college professor I do not know if it is true but I could not stand to sit through one of his classes, I would Jim Quirk as a teacher I know he is an umpire but that would be awesome. As you stated in your first posting I am excluding Larry and Gerry who wore the cold pants during the Dallas Detroit game Gerry and crew the game was played inside I realize it was the second coldest NFL city that day (Oak @ GB) was the coldest, I just said that so I could point out that Ed & crew worked that game.

1. Ed
2. Gene Steratore great control of the game keeps it moving
3. Jeff Triplette
4. Pete Morelli- even though it was not IG on Romo he is still great.
5. Mike Carey- his crews calls in CAr helped us win a game we probably should not have
6. Bill Leavy
7. Tony Correntte
8. Terry Mcaulay
9. Scott Green
10, Bill Carollo
11. John Parry- he was a rookie this year give him time and we will see what happens
12. Walt Anderson
13. Walt Coleman
14. Jerome Boger
15. Ron Winter easiest of all

Chris

Last edited by cball1985 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:02 pm 

Your list and mine are about the same. Except for Carey. I've got him way down at nine.

Join the club with crappy refs multiple times. We had Gerry twice. We never even got Leavy, or Anderson. Well, we may have had Leavy's crew, with a sub ref since he was out a little bit.

I love watching John Parry call personal fouls and Pass Interference.

When he does PF's his whole face is covered by the arms, and when he does PI his arms reach upward not outward.

I like watching Triplette ref. His games go so smoothly and he is one of the best refs. Jim Quirk is a great Umpire.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm 

I know how you feel we did not have Ed last year in 2006-2007, we did have Steratore though so I cannot complain to much.

Chris

Post subject: Re: THE REFS
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:16 pm 

??? Who is the black referee who is built like a leaner Ed H. and also does a really good job of briefly explaining calls?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 pm 

Their are only two black refs in the NFL this year Mike Carey & Jerome Boger. Which game did you see this offcial in? If you know go to the nfl.com and click on that game and the offciating info should be listed their if you do not know which game it was I would guess Carey.

Chris

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

It's got to be Mike Carey

Board index » Everything Else » Polls