Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Favre in 08'
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Else » Polls

Will Brett Favre play in 08'
Yes, without a doubt 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Yes, but he'll string us along until the last minute 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
No, he's done 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13

Post subject: Favre in 08'
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Well, what do you think? And, how far will he take the Pack this season?

Post subject: Re: Favre in 08'
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 am 

Scott wrote:
Well, what do you think? And, how far will he take the Pack this season?

I think it will ultimately depend on his physical health. I don't think even he will know for sure until January, but right now? A definite "yes" for my vote.

Post subject: Farve
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 pm 

Farve will be back in 2008.

Talk around here ( Milwaukee )...Farve will go out like Elway.

BACK to BACK SUPERBOWL WINS !!!!
( I can't believe this is happening !!! )

I was in New Orleans for Turkey Day...I watched the game with my heart carefully guarded. Strangers ( people not from Wisconsin ) were talkin Packer SuperBowl.

Everyone was HOT on the Packers. We did not meet any Lion Fans in the French Quarter.

I was in Houston for the Texans v. Saints game. I was amazed at the number of Farve Jerseys in the crowd. When the Packer v. Panther scoring was flashed on the boards...conversations became about Farve and the Packers.

Funny...I bet Romo was wearing around in Olde No. 4 when he was just a wee lad of twelve. I am sure the Romo household was like any Wisconsin home...Packer Games ruled SUPREME. I bet he felt the pain of the 1997 loss to the Broncos.

Remember the Micheal Jordan line..."I want to be like MIKE." Romo may have moved that one step closer to home while playing a pickup game with his buddies. "I want to be like Brett."

We all have milestones in our collective lives and I know the disbelief I felt when the Christmas Season brought me the the news of Reggie White passing. I remember were I was...this could also be a shared experience with Romo.

I am holding my breathe because I know I am dreaming...Majkowski is still the Packer QB and some kid from downsouth is sitting on the bench talking to Sterling Sharpe.

“People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.”
-Vince Lombardi

Post subject: Re: Farve
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:24 pm 

ZenaMarie wrote:
Farve will be back in 2008.

Talk around here ( Milwaukee )...Farve will go out like Elway.

BACK to BACK SUPERBOWL WINS !!!!
( I can't believe this is happening !!! )

I was in New Orleans for Turkey Day...I watched the game with my heart carefully guarded. Strangers ( people not from Wisconsin ) were talkin Packer SuperBowl.

Everyone was HOT on the Packers. We did not meet any Lion Fans in the French Quarter.

I was in Houston for the Texans v. Saints game. I was amazed at the number of Farve Jerseys in the crowd. When the Packer v. Panther scoring was flashed on the boards...conversations became about Farve and the Packers.

Hi ZenaMarie/Margaret,

I think Farve will be back, but I feel he will not let anyone know till the last minute.

I also feel that Brett Farve should focus on Strength Training (Maybe Ed Hochuli as his own personal trainer) & alot of flexibility exercises. It is tough on the football field,,,, well you know being slammed dunked by Defensive Lineman & Linebackers.

Becky
Funny...I bet Romo was wearing around in Olde No. 4 when he was just a wee lad of twelve. I am sure the Romo household was like any Wisconsin home...Packer Games ruled SUPREME. I bet he felt the pain of the 1997 loss to the Broncos.

Remember the Micheal Jordan line..."I want to be like MIKE." Romo may have moved that one step closer to home while playing a pickup game with his buddies. "I want to be like Brett."

We all have milestones in our collective lives and I know the disbelief I felt when the Christmas Season brought me the the news of Reggie White passing. I remember were I was...this could also be a shared experience with Romo.

I am holding my breathe because I know I am dreaming...Majkowski is still the Packer QB and some kid from downsouth is sitting on the bench talking to Sterling Sharpe.

Post subject: strength training
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:27 pm 

Becky

You got it...physical conditioning is the key to any longevity... Brett Farve, Ed Hochuli, you and I.

From what I understand...Brett did work with a different trainer this past off season.

I don't know if Brett will make us wait for his status next year.

Past behavior does not predict his future actions.

Post subject: Re: Farve
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:34 pm 

Hi ZenaMarie/Margaret,

I think Farve will be back, but I feel he will not let anyone know till the last minute.

I also feel that Brett Farve should focus on Strength Training (Maybe Ed Hochuli as his own personal trainer) & alot of flexibility exercises. It is tough on the football field,,,, well you know being slammed dunked by Defensive Lineman & Linebackers.

Good point about flexibility. Too many atheletes bulk up and have a limited range of strength. I always stretch, and I lift weights to the outer ranges of my flexibility. And that gives me consistent strength throughout the increased mobility and ranges of motion. One sacrifices muscle mass, but it can really help to avoid/lessen injuries when one meets the rock and the hard place concurrently, 8) . It's saved me plenty of broken bones...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:17 am 

Favre will be back next year. He's still having too much fun playing the game right now. I wish he would hang it up so he wouldn't be able to reek havoc on the Vikings anymore...LOL!

Ryan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:33 am 

ryguyMN wrote:
Favre will be back next year. He's still having too much fun playing the game right now. I wish he would hang it up so he wouldn't be able to reek havoc on the Vikings anymore...LOL!

Ryan

Ryan,

Ha ha ha, I know how you feel. Your Vikes usually play us tough, no matter what (though not last game, d'oh!)...we can usually count on at least one loss to MInn a year. It's weird how the W-L record over the decades is so very close. I think we're that way with da Bears too.

Post subject: FOX NFL Sunday Nov 25, 2007
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:43 am 

FOX NFL Sunday Pre-Game Show(Nov 25, 2007):

Howie Long, Jimmy Johsnon & Terry Bradshaw predict the COWBOYS will WIN :D over the Packers this coming Thursday Night (Nov. 29, 2007).

Jimmy Johsnon also predicts that the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME will be in the one & only TEXAS STADIUM :!: :!: :wink: :P :D :) YES! YES!

Becky

Post subject: NFC Championship Game
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:56 am 

NFC Championship Game:

I hope it is in TEXAS Stadium in 2007 :!: I also hope Ed Hochuli officiates this game instead of the SuperBowl.

I would rather See Ed Hochuli do the Superbowl in 2011 in the NEW DALLAS COWBOY Stadium!!!

Becky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:37 pm 

Jerry wrote:
ryguyMN wrote:

Ryan

Ryan,

Ha ha ha, I know how you feel. Your Vikes usually play us tough, no matter what (though not last game, d'oh!)...we can usually count on at least one loss to MInn a year. It's weird how the W-L record over the decades is so very close. I think we're that way with da Bears too.

Jerry,

You're right, the games are very competitive, no matter what the records are. McCarty has done a great job acheiving success with his club.

Ryan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:53 am 

If the Pack are healthy, they can go to the SB...but NE is lurking there and if the Pats make it, it really does not matter who the NFC team will be, in my opinion. Bill Belichick having 2 weeks to prepare for a game has a rediculous record and IF the Pats are 18-0 at the time, the NFC champ will run into a buzzsaw. Boston holds the World Series trophy, the Pats are looking good to hoist the Lombardi trophy. As one living in Boston, as in 2004 when we had both trophies, the parties (rather, the pahties) never stopped all winter and spring long.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:10 pm 

PJ wrote:
If the Pack are healthy, they can go to the SB...but NE is lurking there and if the Pats make it, it really does not matter who the NFC team will be, in my opinion. Bill Belichick having 2 weeks to prepare for a game has a rediculous record and IF the Pats are 18-0 at the time, the NFC champ will run into a buzzsaw. Boston holds the World Series trophy, the Pats are looking good to hoist the Lombardi trophy. As one living in Boston, as in 2004 when we had both trophies, the parties (rather, the pahties) never stopped all winter and spring long.

I can't debate the legitimacy of your statements. However, as we've seen in college football just recently, ANY given team on ANY given day can beat any other team on any other day.
It only takes one loss...

Boston, eh? I've been meaning to ask, and just forgot. Then you must be a Celtic fan, too, huh? Remember the 80s and the Lakers? (I was a big Magic/Laker fan back then).
Now THAT was a rivalry, right down to the heat-in-the-lockerroom shenanigans and everything. Bird and Magic, what a duo!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:07 pm 

The best stories came from those Cletic/Laker rivalries Jerome. The Boston Garden having "no" air condition and it being 95-110 degrees during the game and yet players would not come out for anything. During timouts, everyone taking in O2..the great fans from both cities riding each other's team and just seeing in awe the coolness of Larry and Magic at their best. Trading punch for punch. What I loved about that was how bitter the teams were but the respect they had for each other...that is hard to find these days. I miss the chants of "BEAT L.A., BEAT L.A.", fans passing out in the stands...both cities coming to a standstill when they played. Those were some great, if not the greatest years of the NBA. The working class, blue collar Irish/Italian city versus the Hollywood showtime. Two opposite cities but with two class organizations battling through sweat and blood just to win. There was no leaving some left in the tank for the next nights game....they played every game like it was their last. Those were the days. Bird and Magic. There would not have been a Bird if not for the Magicman and vice versa. They both practiced more than anyone else becuase if they didn't, they knew the other guy was. They played for the love of the game, not necessarily for the dollar. Now-a-days, it is all about money (so it seems to me). Look at the pathetic Knicks and what the Celtic green did against them last night. When would that EVER have happened in the Bird-Magic era? Even down to the commercials they did together....still some of the best commercials ever made. Now we have a new "three" and they look so far pretty darn good. It is early and one injury could destroy it but they are back to being fun to watch. It is a good time to be a Beantowner now with out sports. As for the Patriots, anyone could beat the Pats on any given Sunday...if they were to go "perfect"...what an accomplishment but I think they will lose before the season ends. It is just too hard to go undefeated now-a days.

Post subject: true
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:23 pm 

It is just too hard to go undefeated now-a days.[/

True, but not impossible. I'm sure Ryan remembers the Vike's going 15-1 and then not making it to the big game a few years back.

Somebody will someday. Simple math says it has to happen...like an undefeated regular season and then losing in the first round or something. UGH.

Board index » Everything Else » Polls