Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - NFL Officials Crews 2009
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Football » NFL Talk

Post subject: NFL Officials Crews 2009
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm 

NFL Officials Crews 2009

I will post when the PreSeason Starts.

Becky

Post subject: Re: NFL Officials Crews 2009
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm 

Cool Becky. I l ike others am looking forwrd to seeing who the new crews are.
Jann

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:36 pm 

The NFL preseason has started tonight! Becky, any word yet on 2009 officiating crews? In watching the Patriots game I saw Tony Steratore as Jerome Boger's back judge; did the NFL split up the Steratore brothers this season, or was he just filling in?

Thanks!
Bullseye :)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:42 pm 

Bullseye wrote:
The NFL preseason has started tonight! Becky, any word yet on 2009 officiating crews? In watching the Patriots game I saw Tony Steratore as Jerome Boger's back judge; did the NFL split up the Steratore brothers this season, or was he just filling in?

Thanks!
Bullseye :)

Hi Bullseye,

Sorry -- here is the NFL Officiating Crews for 2009:

Becky

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm 

Cool! I appreciate the information
Jann

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm 

Thanks for the info! Good to see the two Carey brothers as referees; is this the first time two siblings have been in the head position?
Also, any idea why they split up Gene and Tony Steratore, or in general why they move some officials around crews from season to season? It seems like nearly all umpires were moved to different crews from last year, in addition to a lot of new faces. (Did Carl Madsen retire?) Unless this was per the request of the officials, don't you think this might prevent some season-to-season cohesiveness among each officiating team?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 am 

I was looking at the box score for the Tampa Bay/Jacksonville game and I saw a name that is not mentioned among the list of Offiicials Craig Wroldstrad Referee was listedas he referee. But the rest of the crew wasJeff Triplette's. What is going on? Was there a goof or typing error?
Jann

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:19 am 

Jann wrote:
I was looking at the box score for the Tampa Bay/Jacksonville game and I saw a name that is not mentioned among the list of Offiicials Craig Wroldstrad Referee was listedas he referee. But the rest of the crew wasJeff Triplette's. What is going on? Was there a goof or typing error?
Jann

Hi Jann,

During the Preseason this yr,,, the NFL is just trying out several Officials as a White Hat to see how they do in a live game.

Here are the list of Officials:

Wrolstad
T. Brown
Blakeman
B. Anderson
Hussey

Becky

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:24 am 

That is interesting and awesome news, Becky. Should one of the referees become ill during the regular season and is ineligable to officate a game would one of the officials that was used during the pre season be used to replace the referee that might be ill?
Jann

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:13 pm 

If I recall correctly, each crew has a referee "pro tempore," that is, an official that would be able to take over should the referee be injured or unable to officiate that day. However, you pose an interesting question, Jann, in the event that the referee knows ahead of time that he won't be able to officiate. For that, while I have no idea, it would definitely make sense.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 pm 

Oh yes. I remember about four or five years ago Johnny was not feeling well and was slated to officiate Monday Football game. If I am not mistaking Tom White was his substitute.
Janm

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm 

Hi Jann, & Bullseye,

Last yr,,, Patriots home game -- NFL Referee filled in for Walt Anderson. That was one of Ed Hochuli's Off weeks & I am thinking that Walt Anderson knew he would not/not able to officiate & Ed filled in for him.

So in 2007 & 2008 Ed Hochuli only had 1 week off & generally they Crews get 2 weeks off a during Regular Season.

Becky

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:04 pm 

Thsnk you for thre information about Ed subbing forWalt Coleman
Jann

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm 

Iam bumping this up so I can find it easier.
Jann

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:18 pm 

Becky10 wrote:
Jann wrote:
Jann

Hi Jann,

During the Preseason this yr,,, the NFL is just trying out several Officials as a White Hat to see how they do in a live game.

Here are the list of Officials:

Wrolstad
T. Brown
Blakeman
B. Anderson
Hussey

Becky

Hey Becky is b.Anderson Barry Anderson??
Jann

Board index » Everything Football » NFL Talk