Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - PENALTY OR NOT
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions

Post subject: PENALTY OR NOT
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46 am 

Ed, if a defender intentionally or unintentionally grabs a ball carriers facemask and yanks him to the ground, while this is going down the ball carrier fumbles to prevent his head from being torn off or his neck to be twisted around like Linda Blair, do you ignore the illegal facemask yank and just give the ball to the defending team saying none.....NONE of the 7 officials saw this illegal activity that millions of other people witnessed. I'm sure your boss will back you.....again, on your or your crews error that AGAIN cost a team a victory. This is 4 (four) crucial mistakes you or your crew has made in 5 (five) weeks. The average worker gets suspended after an error like the Denver/San Diego game. The average worker gets fired after another glaring mistake. But 4 (four)?????? Perhaps Mr Bush should be fined for fumbling the ball or Mr Gramatica fired for missing a field goal.....oh wait, he was for all intensive purposes.

I have nothing against you personally Mr Hochuli, except I do love football and I know you and your boss will never admit this, but you are NOT a very good referee, and that does indeed affect the integrity of the game, not to mention the outcome of two of your games.

-Clay

Post subject: Re: PENALTY OR NOT
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 pm 

RodgeLodge wrote:
Ed,

I have nothing against you personally Mr Hochuli, except I do love football and I know you and your boss will never admit this, but you are NOT a very good referee, and that does indeed affect the integrity of the game, not to mention the outcome of two of your games.

-Clay

Wow RodgeLodge/Clay,

What makes you one to judge :?:

Let's see your credentials...

Are you an Official :?:

Have you officiated Football games over the span of 30+ years :?:

Love to see you in your work place. How many mistakes have you made :?:

Becky

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:53 pm 

Becky,

I believe Clay forgot to mention he's perfect, unlike the rest of us. :wink:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm 

Didn't say I was perfect, just that EVERYONE else watching those games could've made the correct call in the 1st place. Mr Ed even had the opportunity to correct his mistake with review and still made the wrong call. All I'm saying is Mr Hochuli is a crappy ref. I'd love to work for the NFL and get away with major f***ups like that and keep my job.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:02 pm 

You know... but I guess you do not watch football that much.

Referee Jeff Triplette had some bad calls in WK #3 Bengals VS Giants

Referee Ron Winter had some bad calls in WK #3 Saints VS Broncos & the Saints Coach was fined for mentioning the calls in his press conference.

There were also two more Referee's & Officials in the past few weeks that have made mistakes too.

So as you see if you would read some of the posts on NFL85 you would not be starting a new thread. It is just not one official... there are many that make mistakes.

Noone is perfect.

Becky

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:03 pm 

It is easy for us to say that since on TV we have a bunch of replays as a basketball official, officiating is a tough job. When the game is going full speed and you have to make a "bang bang" call it is tough. The TE hit and Bush facemask were not Ed's call to make he is responsible for the QB so complain to the official whose call it was. Bottom line Ed will not be punished for those calls they were not his to make.

Chris

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:27 pm 

So I take it Becky & Emalee are from Denver and Chris is from Minnesota. Ed Hochuli is a bad ref with big arms. Maybe that has something to do with him AND his crew(as I stated earlier) making bad calls. Maybe with the economy as bad as it is Mr Hochuli AND his crew decided they could make a little extra thru a bookie, or maybe Mr Hochuli AND his crew are just plain awful. I agree, everyone makes mistakes, but Hochuli makes em 4 outta 5 weeks and two on national tv that cost two teams a victory.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:31 pm 

RodgeLodge wrote:
So I take it Becky & Emalee are from Denver and Chris is from Minnesota. Ed Hochuli is a bad ref with big arms. Maybe that has something to do with him AND his crew(as I stated earlier) making bad calls. Maybe with the economy as bad as it is Mr Hochuli AND his crew decided they could make a little extra thru a bookie, or maybe Mr Hochuli AND his crew are just plain awful. I agree, everyone makes mistakes, but Hochuli makes em 4 outta 5 weeks and two on national tv that cost two teams a victory.

RodgeLodge,

Give me a break.... No I am in Texas & Not from Texas... born & live in Texas!!!

I guess Rodgelodge does not watch much Football... :roll: :roll:
Many Officials make many mistakes.

Becky

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:39 pm 

Observation isn't your strong suit because if you look you can clearly see where Becky and I are from. So naturally you would make an excellent official. And if we follow your logic than my team can blame their losses on the officiating crews. Those teams lost because after those calls were made they were not able to execute and continue to play to win the game or perish the thought those particular coaches didn't call the correct plays. Instead it's easier for you to blame the officials. I didn't watch those games so I cannot comment on the specific calls that have you cycled up.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm 

I agree with you Emalee, your teams losses might be the ref's fault, if it was Hochuli reffin' those games.

Well, I've made my point. Ed Hochuli is an awful ref. I will leave this site to all you Hochuli groupies. I can understand Becky and Emalee being turned on by his big arms, but Chris, unless you are...............

~~giggle~~

Good luck to you all and hope Hochuli doesn't screw your teams over.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:02 pm 

I respect Ed as an official and I think it is great that he will come on here and answer our questions. And no I am not from Minnesota, never even been their and am not a Vikings fan. To be honest I am a Cowboys fan and I hate the Vikings I was rooting for them to lose. I do not defend ED for the San Diego game he admitted he made a mistake, its over move on. The reason I am on here is to talk football and hopefully have Ed answer some of my questions about football or certain rules.

And RodgeLodge if you want to call me gay that is perfectly fine it does not bother me because that is your opinion of me which is cool besides I have been called worse :lol:.

Chris

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions