Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions

Post subject: Question regarding rule and a call
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:47 am 

Sundays game in Seattle against the 49ers, there was one play that I have a question regarding. I was at the game and they don't like to show replays on the jumbotron and I have not seen the game on NFL Replay yet to get different views. So I may be all wet, but here is the question: There was a 49er pass to the endzone. Marcus Trufant intercepted that pass. It appears that (maybe when the ball was in the air?), Kelly Jennings and the SF player went out of bounds....It looked like Kelly had position on him when they went out of bounds and was looking for the ball - I never saw any actual foul. Marcus obviously went for and got the ball in bounds..... doesnt that turn Kelly into a defender at that point anyway? Can you see if you can find that play and let me know how that works? I didnt see any bumping, pushing, touching from any of the three players involved in the pass. That call basically gave SF the go ahead touchdown too, so it is important to know if it was a flagrant pass interference call or what. My opinion was that if they are going to flag tight they should do it on both sides, and it did not appear to me or any of the 75k fans in the stadium that they were calling both sides of the ball in the same fashion.....although I am sure I will be told differently by that officating crew.

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions