Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - A-11 Offense
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions

Post subject: A-11 Offense
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:41 pm 

Anyone seen this? A high school coach in CA created what he calls the A-11 offense. He even has a website www.a11offense.com

As a high school official, our association is trying to get our hands around this thinking it will show up SOMEWHERE. I don't see it moving to higher levels, but who knows?????? It is some CRAZY stuff and presents some very unique challenges for the wing officials and the umpire in particular...

Post subject: Re: A-11 Offense
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 am 

lawdog wrote:
Anyone seen this? A high school coach in CA created what he calls the A-11 offense. He even has a website www.a11offense.com

As a high school official, our association is trying to get our hands around this thinking it will show up SOMEWHERE. I don't see it moving to higher levels, but who knows?????? It is some CRAZY stuff and presents some very unique challenges for the wing officials and the umpire in particular...

Yeah, we get to deal with it this year too, and I'm an Ump. Wonderful, :roll: , ha ha.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 am 

A scrimmage kick formation is a formation with at least
one player seven yards or more behind the neutral zone, no player in
position to receive a hand-to-hand snap from between the snapper’s legs,
and it is obvious that a kick may be attempted

This is the NCAA defintion of a scrimmage kick formation. I imagine if the A-11 offense gets any more momentum, Fed will go to something like the NCAA definition. People just aren't going to punt on 1st down, so it will stop some of these shenanigans.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 am 

bjerknes wrote:
A scrimmage kick formation is a formation with at least
one player seven yards or more behind the neutral zone, no player in
position to receive a hand-to-hand snap from between the snapper’s legs,
and it is obvious that a kick may be attempted

This is the NCAA defintion of a scrimmage kick formation. I imagine if the A-11 offense gets any more momentum, Fed will go to something like the NCAA definition. People just aren't going to punt on 1st down, so it will stop some of these shenanigans.

In junior college one year, our team was losing ground so badly that the coach had our team punting on 3rd down. So, every time we got the ball back, our stands would yell out, "Punt!".

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:24 pm 

I Officiate in the Reno, NV area, we even have one of our schools that has started using this formation. I am an umpire and I also work the flanks. I will see this team in a few weeks. If I find or have any info on how to deal with this better, I'll put it here!

Scooter

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:04 pm 

Scooter89410 wrote:
I Officiate in the Reno, NV area, we even have one of our schools that has started using this formation. I am an umpire and I also work the flanks. I will see this team in a few weeks. If I find or have any info on how to deal with this better, I'll put it here!

Scooter

I am a umpire on a high school crew as well...YUK www.refstripes.com message board has some discussion on the a11

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Rules Questions