Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - A Friend
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: A Friend
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:34 am 

After watching the Monday Night's Football game with the Vikings and the Saints, I decided to write to Mr. Hochuli in hopes that he would see this. I have never written a referee, I have never written a player in any sport, and I have never written to a "celebrity." Heck, I've never been to a professional football game. Why then did I decide to write Mr. Hochuli.

I am sure that many people have written the same things I am about to write, but nonetheless, I have to write my own words.

I have been watching Football for nearly 35 years (that I can remember) and I have seen my fair share of mistakes; mistakes by players, coaches, and referees. I watched the blown call Mr. Hochuli made and can certainly understand why people would be upset. But I cannot understand why people HATE so much. Now, I must admit, I am a Dallas Cowboy fan and have been since I have been watching football. So, the call didn't affect me personally one bit. But that is my point....Fans, and people in general, are taking this personally. Like Mr. Hochuli somehow or for some reason did this to YOU.

I listened to the commentators on Monday Night and one in particular, wouldn't let Mr. Hochuli off the hook. The face mask incident was certainly NOT Mr. Hochuli's responsibility, but of course, the commentator had to tie it into this whole mess. I became outraged at this! Like no one else on the planet has EVER made a mistake.

I cannot believe people would hate in such a way over something that has no direct bearing on their lives. Mr. Hochuli has apologized to those people he needed to apologize to. So why is anyone else think they need one? I have watched blown calls before and I have never felt it was a personal attack against ME, the arm-chair-quarterback.

I don't know anything about Mr. Hochuli. I don't know if he has kids, or if he is married or what his background is. All I know is that this man stood up and admitted his mistake and has made every effort to do the right thing. To me, that shows character. More character than I have witnessed by other people.

If that is all I know of Mr. Hochuli, than that is a good enough reason that I would make him a friend. That may not mean alot to anyone else or even Mr. Hochuli, but I know what it means.

I will tell my kids of Mr. Hochuli's mistake. Not to keep it alive, but to use it as a way to handle things in life. HE stood up with integrity.

I have seen so many people run, hide and lie their way through their own mistakes. It is refreshing to hear someone be a real "man" about things.

Ask yourself if you would have stood up and taken your blows. Those of you who are so mean in your comments I would like you to ask yourself if you have ever made a mistake and if that mistake has affected anyone else? Have YOU apologized to everyone? Have you answered to YOUR mistakes?

I think it's time to let it go. I think it's time to move on and realize that Mr. Hochuli is one of the best referees in the game. I think it is time to look at yourself in the mirror instead of a one-way glass.

A friend!

Post subject: Re: A Friend
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 am 

OH BOO HOO IF YOUR THE HEAD REF YOU GOTTA STOP THE GAME AND MAKE THE RIGHT CALL NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS EITHER TEAM IF HE GETS FINED OR SUSPENDED FOR GOING AND REVIEWING A UNREVIEWABLE PLAY TO GET THE CALL RIGHT SO BE IT IF HE'S A WONDERFUL MAN AS YOU SO SPEAK OF!! IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE DID EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO GET THAT RIGHT! NO MATTER WHAT IT WOULD HAVE COSTED ME! PEOPLES SEASONS ARE ON THE LINE HE TOOK POINTS AWAY FROM THE SAINTS ON THAT DRIVE SO IT DID HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT ON THE GAME 1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:18 pm 

1SaintsFan2NFLFan wrote:
OH BOO HOO IF YOUR THE HEAD REF YOU GOTTA STOP THE GAME AND MAKE THE RIGHT CALL NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS EITHER TEAM IF HE GETS FINED OR SUSPENDED FOR GOING AND REVIEWING A UNREVIEWABLE PLAY TO GET THE CALL RIGHT SO BE IT IF HE'S A WONDERFUL MAN AS YOU SO SPEAK OF!! IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE DID EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO GET THAT RIGHT! NO MATTER WHAT IT WOULD HAVE COSTED ME! PEOPLES SEASONS ARE ON THE LINE HE TOOK POINTS AWAY FROM THE SAINTS ON THAT DRIVE SO IT DID HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT ON THE GAME 1

Why not talk about Gramatica missing the field goal? That took precious points off of the scoreboard as well but no one wants to talk about that.

I wonder why that is?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 am 

Why not send some anger towards the NFL if thier is a play that you can see the wrong call was made on with one replay why not allow coaches to challenge? I am notr saying add any challenges to the game just allow everything to be reviewable.

Chris

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed