Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: just my thougths
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:54 pm 

Dear Sir:
Just prior to the week of your "gaff" I had stated the fact that if you did not elected in the pro football hall of fame on your first try then those people are fools. I still believe that!! You are one awesome ref, yes you made a mistake, but who in their lives have not madeone in their life? Did it really cost the game? They still needed to play it out, so one really does not know. You owned up to the mistake, I can't think of anyone who has had the nerve to do it, especially so soon after the fact. That just goes to the awesome self awareness that you have. I am a registered nurse, and work with surgeons and anesthesia providers, and when there is a "gaff" there, it is a MAJOR problem, not whether or not a team lost or won by one point. As much as I know entire network of refs, players, coaches, owners, etc have a lot of pride and care about their chose n profession, I just look at it and say "it is just a game". It is not someone's family member that has to have an operation that is life threatening. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, because this has gotten to them as well, and I can not wait to see you as head ref again. Thank you for you have done, and will continue to do.
Lynne

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed