Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Best Ref in the game
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:34 am 

I have to say that Ed Hochuli is in my mind, the best official in the league. I have been an eagles season ticket holder since I was a kid going to the games with my father and I have watched a lot of NFL games and seen a lot of officials make terrible calls but for some people to say that Ed needs to take a couple of weeks off and it is the right thing to do are absolultey nuts. If you make a mistake in your job or life you don't take time off you get back on the horse and do it to the best of your abilities, not go hide under a rock. If the league has Ed scheduled to work then he works.... HE IS THE BEST REF IN THE GAME, and this is comming from an eagles fan and I hate every ref, every player, every coach and every thing else that doesn't wear green and white and have a wing on their hat/helmet. He has proven it year in and year out, I would take Ed over anyone else in the league for every birds game if I could. It was one call, it wasn't the first miss he's had and it won't be the last, although he is built like the terminator he isn't a robot he is like you and me... He's human, so get over it and move on.

Good luck the rest of the season Ed.

Post subject: Re: Best Ref in the game
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:42 am 

I agree 100% that Ed is the best ref in the NFL. I am sure that Charger fans are very dissapointed in what happened on Sunday, but please remember that the NFL rules played a part in what transpired also. Ideally the play should have been reviewed and over-turned with the ball given to the Chargers. As I understand it, that couldn't be done.

Ed, keep your chin up and continue doing the best job you can do -- as you always have done. Nobody is perfect!

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed