Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Ed, Please Do the Honorable Thing
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 am 

Ed, everyone makes mistakes......everyone. I understand that you are truly devastated by this latest incident. However, the honorable thing at this point would be for you to voluntarily sit down for a couple of weeks and reflect upon the events that have happened.

Post subject: Re: Ed, Please Do the Honorable Thing
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 am 

That is very bad advice, Don1256.

The lesson to be learned is march on, keep your head up, be professional and spectacular next week and show that a pebble-sized bump in life won't slow you down.

Ed is among the NFL greatest arbitrators. Ed as 85% is better than Tom White at 123%.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:33 am 

Agree BAD advice Don. These refs get just moments to make split second decisions, are they going to be wrong sometimes..yes..does that suck..yes, but it is what it is. These guys are human, like you...how many mistakes did you make today? Truth is any team that loses by a call probably did not do enough durng the game to set themselves up to win. Give the guy a break.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 am 

Give the guy a break? Come on. While I don't disagree with alot of what you said concerning the Chargers and how they played, I have to disagree with "just going on from here". I know that the NFL has downgraded Ed at this point. I am not even in favor of that. Downgrading can ultimately costing Ed his job and I don't think anyone should lose their job over a mistake. I think Ed needs time to reflect upon this error, take some time off and then go from there.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:51 am 

I disagree, Don. Taking a break is the worst thing you can do as an official. You dwell on the call and erode your confidence. Doesn't matter how long you've called games, you have moments like that that happen. Perfection is strived for, but you're human, and that isn't going to happen.

As I stated on the other thread you posted on this, the best medicine is go back out there with a clean head as it's a new game, new situation, and call the best game you can.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:55 am 

:x :roll:

This was such a negative post. This one needs some help.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 am 

Mr.Hochuli,

Stand tall and hold your head up high. A mistake is a mistake and I feel that you have done your penance (more than what is necessary). Give yourself a break and get right back out there! Keep throwing your flag and keep making those calls. We all strive to be the consummate professional, it's at those times where we fall short that defines who we truly are. Remember, adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
If only the NFL Players themselves would display such devotion, honor and responsibility as you have.

Sundays are your domain. Stay the course and lead by example.

Post subject: Re: Charger Fan supports ED!!!
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:50 am 

Ed,
I'm a lifelong Charger supporter, (not a Fanatic). Sports is a business but lets not forget it's a game, life has much more important aspects than who wins a Charger game. Don't worry about it Ed, no one's perfect, like a lot of other folks who have posted comments before me, just move on and come back this week with your head up high and show everyone that you are one of the best ref's in the NFL! It all balance's out in the long run, we get some missed calls in our favor and some not in our favor, I just hope we get some calls in our favor during the playoffs!! ha ha ha....I look forward to seeing how you bounce back-that is the measurement of a man, how you overcome adversity, I hope the Chargers bounce back as well. Thank you.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:00 am 

Norv Turner and the San Diego Defense, please do the honorable thing. I understand that you are truly devastated by this latest incident. However, since you let Jay Cutler shred your secondary twice in a row in the endzone, the honorable thing at this point would be for you to voluntarily sit down for a couple of weeks and reflect upon the events that have happened.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:21 am 

Stripe-Very Funny! I agree, the Charger defense should take responsiblity for what happened Sunday in Denver.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am 

Don is a fool,Ed is a premier guy,see ya sunday Ed and I know you wll make the right call!! Youare bigger than this and in a year this will just be a footnote.And now the Chargers have another un Unsuperbowl Season . How come no one blames Norv Turner?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 am 

OP is a imbecile. stfu retard

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:33 am 

I knew when I posted this topic, I was going to get some of the replies that I did. I agree, Ed is one of the top refs in the NFL.....he's a stand-up guy for sure. There's a mechanism in place in NFL games that normally takes care of bad / missed calls by the refs. Didn't / couldn't work in this case. I don't doubt for a minute that Ed is devastated by this. The problem is that this is a sport that demands top performance by the players, by the coaches, and by the refs. If there are refs that aren't able to do this, they have no business being out there. Sorry for this posting and sorry that I may have offended some people but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest what I did.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 am 

Then I'll say it again! If you demand top performance from players and coaches, then it's not unreasonable to recommend the same actions for them as you did for Hochuli!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 am 

100% bad advice....Ed took the blame for the call.....END OF STORY!!!!!!! Broncos are 2-0 and the Chargers are 0-2!!!!! Ed is a class act and the bottom line is that he made a mistake, but made the right call as it is stated in the rules...he saw the play from behind Cutler, and blew the whistle...DEAD BALL!!! No grey area there folks....should it be looked at in the off season...sure, but it is the rule now....Ed, you are a class act and do not deserve the crap you are getting! And for the Charger faithful.....you have a great team, they just need to put it behind them and move on. Also......at 0-2 they need to find a way to win!

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed