Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Let this be a lesson
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 pm 

Whether or not Ed is the best ref, or worst ref at this point is irrelevant. This should be a lesson to all young athletes; running backs who fumble, wide receivers that drop passes, QB's who throw in-opportune ITs, safeties who get DUIs. Be a man, admit you made a mistake, and actually mean it. Don't blame the throw, or the slick ball, or your upbringing. How Ed has reacted to his mistake is truly honorable and should be respected, admired and emulated. My hat is off to you Ed, I hope my children learn how to behave from you, not the guy who celebrates a meaningless first down, or holds out over $18 million instead of $15 million.

Post subject: Re: Let this be a lesson
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:01 pm 

Couldn't agree more. Stand up guy, all the way.

Maybe Norv Turner should take similar responsibility for letting the Broncos score 31 points on them before that call even happen, rather than blame Ed for his team's loss.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 am 

Most everyone has long known Ed to be a fantastic official. I first learned of this 2000 with his NFL hoppers.

I would go on to say that Ed is among the top 5 officials in NFL history. I also believe that the NFL brand of football is among the most difficult to officiate. Among professional officials in general, you'll have some pretty hefty names at the top. Scapinello, Tunney, Rudolph, Bavetta, etc... I think Hochuli is there too.

Now, while this situation is unfortunate, it also shows what makes a man, a man. Ed owned up to his mistake, will inspire thousands of people to understand the importance of ownership, and how to handle oneself.

It seems that Ed has helped raise successful children, is a professional in two careers of life, and has been a role model for many. I wish the Chargers the best this week against the Jets, (though I hope the Jets win! LOL).

When people say that Ed is the man, this part now further defines him as being a man of respect and of being honourable.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:55 am 

Well said zalmanm....WELL SAID!!!!!! I am so sick of people blaming everyone else for their mistakes, instead of looking in the mirror and "owning up"!!!!!

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed