Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Ed
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm 

Been watching the NFL for 30 + years. I am a Raider fan. I completely understand the component of human error inherent with officiating in any sport. Ed has made so many correct calls over the years, I am not concerned for his ability to be great again in the future. He is someone who stood up and took ownership of his mistake. Very human, if not unheard of in this era (of life in general, not just sport). Honesty, integrity and yes, consistency are the words that come to mind when I think about Ed and his level of service to the league. Even if it happened to my team, I would forgive him.

Ed is the man.

d.o.

Post subject: Re: Ed
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:27 pm 

I am a 27 year old fan that would have been considered a "die-hard" NFL fan a few years ago. I no longer watch nearly as much football as I used to and the reason is mainly due the way the players act. Players have become absolutely ridiculous with their on and off field antics and for some reason nothing is ever their fault. They get arrested, then get off. Chris Henry, a current player for my favorite team, was released for his inexcusable behavior from the NFL, but he's back in. Pac Man Jones is the reason behind a club shooting and puches a female and he's back in. I could go on and on, but the players never end up paying any consequences. Then, a decent man makes a mistake, and stands up for it.
I was just reading an article on ESPN about how Ed is "devastated". I don't know if this will reach you Ed and I don't know if it means anything, but you should be anything but devastated. You should feel proud of being a real man and having the character that every father hopes their son will have. What you did by admitting your mistake is the best story in professional sports.

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed