Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Fault is NFL's, not Ed's
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm 

As usual, the problem is not with the referees but with the rule book and the NFL front-office. It was not Ed's fault that the replay system wasn't functional. To me, that was the greatest travesty that took place in Den v. SD. If I am SD, I now feel the need to sabotage the system when Denver comes to town. Ed is also not responsible for the NFL's continuing failure to rectify mistakes, even mistakes they have confirmed. I would rather see games decided correctly off the field than in an ignorant and corrupt fashion on it. As far as I am concerned, the SD v. Denver game is a no-contest. Just like BYU - Washington. If you are okay with winning controversially, you shold not be involved with sports. The NFL needs to take a page out of the PGA and institute an honor system and kick players out of the league if they continue to violate it. If you know you trapped the ball, don't get up and run. It is dishonorable, yet we celebrate such despicable and dishonest actions as "gamesmanship." I call it cheating. Raise your hand!

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed