Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Is instant replay used properly?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 pm 

Everyone is saying the same thing about the call..ok we all saw that..but could have instant replay helped ED..in such a quick and indicisive moment....it's in baseball now..
Is the NFL the father of in instant replay using it to the best ability for the owners-refs-players-and fans?

Post subject: Re: Is instant replay used properly?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:37 pm 

hi,
i've been doing some posting and sort of beating my chest about how instant replay is NOT being used properly.
in these unfortunate situations of an inadvertant whistle negating the fumble recovery attempts on the field....and the end result being that the fumbling team gets the ball back.... i just think that is SO wrong. if they review and see that clearly YES there was a fumble, to just hand the ball back to the fumbling team as the default in these unfortunate situations seems ridiculous to me. it's such a bail-out! i think they should either toss a coin to determine which team gets the ball (a "3-sided coin" haha would be preferable, 2 sides for the non-fumbling team and 1 side for the fumbling team)...... OR just punish the fumbling team by giving the ball to the OTHER team as the default.
the review policy needs to be looked at. i hope it will be.
p.s. and don't even let me get started on the list of so-called "non-reviewable" calls. half of them SHOULD be reviewable! INCLUDING PASS INTERFERENCE which can award 50 or more yards to the offense. REVIEW IT!! so what if it's a "judgement call".
oops, i guess i let myself get started on that.

Post subject: Re: Is instant replay used properly?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm 

I think if they make more plays reviewable it will ultimately cause more time to be wasted...but the coach could get 3 challege's instead of 2 and have all plays reviewable..and that wont make the game as long...and it gives teams an extra chance..like the chargers could have challeged that fumble and got that mistake corrected. 2 good things come out of that..the chargers win...and Ed wouldn't feel so bad about the blown call...

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed