Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - He's a good ref??
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Re: He's a good ref??
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm 

dealing-w/refs4ever, I think we can all figure out how you have dealt with the refs. You were probably the annoying parent at their kids Little League game, who gets ejected (rigtfully so) for being an @$$ and cussing out an official for calling your kid out.

You "dealing-w/refs4ever" are a blemish on society. Ed Hochuli is the best referee in all of football. This is the FIRST time ANYBODY has ever made reference to an incorrect call, EVER.

Lets not forget that the Bronco's scored 39 FRIGGIN POINTS. San Diego didn't help itself win the game, by constantly letting Denver score.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 pm 

You don't get to officiate NFL games for 17 years without being a good ref. Plain and simple.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:51 pm 

The NFL reviews the calls of it's officials and rates them on their performance. Only the top performers work the post season. Ed's many appearances in the post season are because of his consistently high ratings as an official. That's why he's considered one of the best.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:39 pm 

ronscott wrote:
The NFL reviews the calls of it's officials and rates them on their performance. Only the top performers work the post season. Ed's many appearances in the post season are because of his consistently high ratings as an official. That's why he's considered one of the best.

this is the best arguement i've heard in defense of his skills.

JETS4EVER, Is your post the best way you can defend hochuli? you are a D1c!

what are the teams he works next going to say about him refing their game?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:13 pm 

Ed Hochuli is the finest ref I've ever scene. I enjoy watching games that he refs. He just picked the wrong time to blow the whistle. Obviously if a Charger recovered this fumble so he must have been pretty close to knocking the snot out of Jay Cutler. What if it was an incomplete pass and that defender knocked Cutler (who is not a big guy) out for the season?

Believe it or not this is actually a good thing. Because he is such a great ref this may actually lead to a rule change. One where he can correct this so it never happens again.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:17 pm 

Here's a reply for you.... "You're an idiot!"

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 pm 

We should all have to deal with the public scrutiny when we achieve less than perfection in our professional lives. Ed, get back on that horse and do what you do. WE ARE ALL HUMAN! None of us perfect, but you're damn close!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 pm 

Here's another reply for you.

First, the last guy that walked the Earth that was perfect was nailed to a cross, and I doubt severely that you're that guy again, so unless you're perfect, you really should find something else to complain about.

Second, let's not forget that this mistake was made in the 2nd game of the season in a game the Chargers should have won anyway. This game didn't cost San Diego a championship. It didn't even cost them a playoff spot. Don Denkinger blew a call in the Kansas City-St. Louis World Series in 1985 that cost St. Louis the title. The referee in the 1972 Olympic basketball finals gave Russia extra time not once, but twice, and they ended up beating the US, costing our players gold medals. Michael Jordan pushed off Byron Russell to get free to make the shot to beat Utah in the 1998 NBA Finals, perhaps the most blatant no-call in refereeing history. There are plenty of other horrible officiating examples if you want to look for them.

Third, I guarantee you the next teams that have Ed Hochuli as their head ref will TO A MAN say they have the best ref in the business working their game.

He made a mistake, he was man enough to admit it, it's over. Deal with it and move on. A 17-year career full of postseason games and Super Bowls shouldn't be discounted because of a blown call in the second game of the season when the team that lost had plenty of other chances to win the game.

San Diego has no one to blame but themselves for losing that one. LT is every bit as much at fault as Ed Hochuli is.

And by the way, Mr. Perfect - the next time you make a mistake at your job - if you have one - you should immediately walk into your supervisor and say "I messed up and I don't deserve to work here anymore".

Then turn in your apron and walk out.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:06 pm 

Did you not already post this ignorant message?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm 

Funny how this dumbass has to ask for replies to his remarks. People...we're dealing with someone who's "played' junior high and maybe high school football, and he's "coached" lower levels than that! If he wanted to be taken seriously he should have at the very least put on the black and white stripes. If you haven't been a ref then your input about this call is meaningless. You have no idea how much Ed knows about the rules and how he's in the top 3 of all time. Period. Do your homework before you bring this BS over ONE call...an important call nonetheless. The instant replay is really to blame in this case. When the best thing to do is not blow your whistle and get the call right with instant replay...it pulls the human element out of the game. It's part of the game...no matter how much you dislike it. He made a call that wasn't correct...but did it cost the Chargers the game? Hell no...they failed to stop the TD and the 2 pointer. Too bad for them. By the way...I've been a ref and know how ED feels. I'm glad my errors weren't in front of the nation. Ed made a mistake, he knows it, you have no idea how bad he feels about it, and I hope he's able to get back on the field and not let this impact the rest of his season.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:22 pm 

dealing-w/refs4ever wrote:
ronscott wrote:

this is the best arguement i've heard in defense of his skills.

JETS4EVER, Is your post the best way you can defend hochuli? you are a D1c!

what are the teams he works next going to say about him refing their game?

REPOST --- I guess you could not read my post sooooo here it is again,,,, --> dealing w/refs4ever,

Reason why NFL Referee Ed Hochuli #85 is a GREAT Referee:

His Record in Officiating Playoff & Super Bowl Games:

Wild Card Games - 4

Divisional Games - 5

NFC/AFC Championship Games - 4

Two Super Bowl Games - XXXII & XXXVIII

Note: When Ed Hochuli Officiated Super Bowl XXXII he also did a Wildcard Game.
Note: When Ed Hochuli Officiated Super Bowl XXXVIII he also officiated a Divisional Game.
NFL Referee Association - Board of Directors - 1995 - Present

NFL Referee Association PREZ - 1999-2001

I think Ed's Record speaks for itself.

Becky - #1 Fan of Ed Hochuli in Texas & Since 1994

Becky(#1 Fan of Ed Hochuli in Texas) ==>Since 1994

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:48 pm 

It makes me sick to read some of these people say he needs to get out and give up. His time has come. What are you people talking about?? In my opinion Ed is THE BEST referee in the game today. He has a track record that backs it up. And you want to trash him because of a blown call?? It's a shame it happened at that juncture of the game, but it did. Had Denver not scored, this would not even be discussion right now. SD had many chances. Ed is a man of character and integrity and for him to admit his mistake speaks volumes for the person he is. He will be back on the field this weekend and doing a good job again. He explains plays of review so well and takes pride in what he does. Keep up the good work Ed. You're the Best!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:25 pm 

Scott wrote:
you say; "oh, everyone makes professional mistakes" yeah, they do, and they pay dearly for it.

How many of these "professional mistakes" have led to ACTUAL DEATH THREATS????
I'm sorry, I don't want to rehash what's gone on in Ed's life since Sunday evening. So, I'll leave you with; You kinda missed the boat on this one. Sunday night and all day Monday were "bash on Ed" days, Tuesday was..... we'll call it 50/50, and now we've topped the summit, and we're "rebuilding the man". So, in essence, we have come full circle. Break a man down, then build him back up.....Stronger.

I'm sorry you missed it, but, as the saying goes, "you snooze, you looze." (I know... lose)

That this subject has to be discussed is a sad commentary on the state of American sports. First off, it's entertainment. The fate of the free world does not hang in the balance. If this incident demonstrates that the senility of some fans must be called into question, we'd better hope Congress can find some money to build thick-walled mental institutions. And fast, too. People who behave like this don't belong in public.

Are you kidding me? Death threats?

This was not the first mistake Mr. Hochuli has ever made on the field of play. It won't be the last. The guy is human. If your emotional survival depends so heavily upon your preferred NFL team winning and losing, I'm serious, you need to be locked up. This is football. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that entertains us. It doesn't create world peace, cure cancer, balance the Federal budget, create a carbon-neutral socio-industrial society, or slice bread.

I can't believe there are Chargers fans out there who are so desperate for personified glory that they'd make death threats over this!

whats with this part of the forum anyway? hes a darn ref. not some type of hero. please, make a forum about someone that truely deserves it

What constitutes a hero in your book?

In my book, a person who takes individual responsibility for their actions is a hero. And one hell of a role model, too. We need more of them in our society. You missed the boat big time, dealing. He's not a darn ref. He's a DAMN GOOD OFFICIAL AND A FINE HUMAN BEING TO BOOT!

I'm almost afraid to ask who you think truly deserves a forum. With a screen name like yours, and your inability (or lack of cojones) to properly spell 'dick' on a public forum, I'm thinking you may have incorrectly answered the important question that gave you access to this forum in the first place. But maybe I'm wrong on that, it wouldn't be the first time I made a mistake. Have you ever made one?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 am 

As a Cleveland Browns fan, I am thrilled that he is reffing the Browns/Ravens game this week! Ed is a great ref, even though my favorite team may not be, and he is one of the best, if not ALREADY the best, referees in the business. If I were at M&T Bank Stadium this week (fat chance, I live in Tennessee), Ed, I would applaud you when you came in.

Your a GREAT REFEREE ED! A GREAT REFEREE! Everyone makes mistakes, but 99.9% of us fans are forgiving about mistakes as we make them to. Good luck this weekend Ed and I look forward to seeing you on TV!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 am 

no replies??

You are a little, bitter, man....

There's a reply.

O43

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed