Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - He's a good ref??
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed

Post subject: Re: He's a good ref??
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 am 

If you have STILL such a problem with this, why are you STILL replying? Why are you still on this site if you, in your words, do not get? You do not like this site, yet I still see replies from you. WHY? Are you that bored with your life that you go on sites and just post negative attacks just to get replies? I am just sayin'!!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 pm 

dealing-w/refs4ever wrote:
I read here how good of a referee Hochuli is. what is so special about him? as far as i'm concerned he's no better or worse than any other ref in nfl or college football.
Like my user name says, i've been dealing with refs making bad calls all my life, be it when i played youth ball or highschool, coaching football, and watching my favorite teams get crapped on by bad calls.
this just takes the cake. how can you defend a call like sunday's game changer?

I think its time Mr. Ed gives up officiating. step down and give someone that needs a good paying job a chance. Hochuli is a lawyer, he doesnt need the paycheck from the nfl. the way I see it, he's greedy, that makes me sick to my stomach. if he loves being a ref, then do college, HS or pop warner, not the nfl where calls like this mean so much.

you say; "oh, everyone makes professional mistakes" yeah, they do, and they pay dearly fo it.

Y A W N!

There's a reply for you.

Why don't you tell the "greedy" guys on the SD team and coaching staff that they should play at a lower level where the performance does not mean so much? I'm pretty certain most (if not ALL) are getting paid more than Ed does for officiating, and yet THEIR performance (or lack thereof) is what cost them the game.

Even if you assume that the call was a "game changer" SD still had 3 opportunities to keep Denver from scoring and win the game. They failed. Three plays in a row, when they should have been fired up by this "game changer" call. Denver even did them a favor and ran the same play twice in a row to get the 2 pt conversion.

Then SD got the ball back and had an opportunity to win the game. A field goal would have done it . . . but, alas, it's all Ed's fault.

Grow up and get real.

The fault here is the rule that prevented Ed from correcting a mistake, but rather than blame the rule, he stepped up and accepted responsibility for the mistake. Everyone who is screaming for him to retire should hope to ever achieve some small portion of the integrity and guts that took.

As for the idiots making death threats or any other absurd and stupid commentary, we'll all be better off when they get to spend quality time in a California prison.

Ed's the man and his detractors are nothing in comparison.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:55 pm 

Wow.

I have known Ed a long time, Nope he isn't perfect.

He is however orders of magnitude more perfect than I.

I understand the feeling of anger. But I think you have the wrong target or should have gotten over it by now.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 pm 

First off - I am an Official and if I had a chance to work in the NFL, I'd jump at it. I love every play I get to work!

I work evrything from High School Varsity down to the smallest kids that are just starting to play this wonderful game. For the most part, every Coach or Parent that screams about bad calls usually comes from their lack of the Rules. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Coaches yelling when I call Intenional Grounding that "he's out of the pocket". That's a College/Pro Rule or I'llhere about the Horse Collar Tackle, again not a HS or Youth rule. As a High School Official, we have to attend clinics and take a rules exam every year. The NFL Official takes a Rules/Mechanics test (100 questions) each week, they watch game films and talk to the coaches every weekend prior to each game.

So just sit on your couch, eat your chips and drink your beer. If you ever really want to know the game of Football, come join us with the stripes and you might see why most of us are still on the field. WE LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 pm 

Week #5 2008 - Bill Carollo Referee & Crew Working--->
Titans VS Ravens

There was a questionable call where the Ravens playing @ home came in & hit(maybe not) Kerry Collins QB for the Titans.

This lost the game for the Ravens & Titans went on to Win against the Ravens with this call.

Oh -- let's seeee Week #5(2008) Chargers Loooose to Dolphins. Looks like the Chargers are not such a good team after all :!:

Becky

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Everything Ed