Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - 2007 Heisman Watch
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything Football » College Talk

Post subject: 2007 Heisman Watch
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:56 pm 

So Who To Watch for the Heisman in 2007:

1) Colt Brennan - QB - Hawaii; He is a Senior and his age is 24. I know he has transferred from University of Colorado(Scandal situation) to a Junior College, now with Hawaii. He has put up some really good #'s.

2) Chase Daniel - QB - Missouri; He is a Junior and his age is 21. I am thinking he was red-shirted his freshman year. He is from my area-Southlake, TX. This school has won the last 4 of its 5 visits to 5A State Champions in Texas.

3) Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College; A Senior age 22 & heard alot about him. But have not paid attention.

4) Dennis Dixon - QB - Oregon; A Senior age 22.

5) Tim Tebow - QB - Florida; A Sophmore. He as two more years to prove himself.

6) Sam Bradford - QB - Oklahoma; A Freshman. He has three more years to prove himself.

These are just a few names that come to mind & there are not too many outstanding players, but I like Colt Brennan.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

The year of the quarterback it seems.

I like Brennan too. He puts up some great numbers, but i'm terribly skeptical of a kid from Hawaii getting enough votes. Same thing with the kid from Oregon.

Top 3 have got to be: Matt Ryan (QB - BC), Andre Woodson (QB - Kentucky), and Darren McFadden (RB - Arkansas)

Post subject: Heisman
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:18 pm 

Hi Scott,

I do agree with you somewhat, but I never hear about Andre Woodson(QB-Kentucky) or Darren McFadden (RB-Arkansas),,, well a little here & there.

All I hear about is the Florida Gator QB-Tim Tebow. He is only a Sophmore!!!!

Oh and you mentioned the QB for Boston College - Matt Ryan. I haer alot about this young man.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:16 pm 

I think Mike Hart should probably be in the talks here somewhere :o

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

OSheaman wrote:
I think Mike Hart should probably be in the talks here somewhere :o

Are you a Michigan fan OSheaman?

I think Hart is having a great year, i'm just not sure the team is having enough success to draw the needed attention for Hart to win the Heisman.

Woodson (Kentucky) threw for 400+ and 5 TD's in a loss to Florida

Post subject: Heisman in 1951
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:59 pm 

Hi to all NFL85 Members & Guests,

The Heisman in 1951 had a man by the name of Larry Isabell(He came in 7th in the ballot). He was a Halfback for Baylor University when my father(HalfBack & Defensive Back) was on the team. Isabell also graduated from Corpus Christi High School with my Father.

I still feel my Father should have been on the ballot for the Hesiman in 1951. Oh Well!!!! I guess I am partial to him!!!!

By the way my Father Scored the 1st touchdown @ the Baylor Stadium they are playing in @ this time(Floyd-Casey Stadium in Waco, Texas).

I just had to put my 2 cents worth in!!!!!!!!! :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Darren McFadden sure played a Heisman type game against LSU.
Colt Brennan did what he always seems to do, 495 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:31 am 

Scott wrote:
Darren McFadden sure played a Heisman type game against LSU.
Colt Brennan did what he always seems to do, 495 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I really did not watch The Arkansas VS LSU Game, but the recap of the game was amazing. Darren McFadden looked GREAT!!! I really never considered him as a Heisman candidate, but he does deserve being in the top 5.

I wish I could have watched Colt Brennan lead his Hawaii Team, but in North Central Texas they did not show the game. Not even with my Direct TV :cry: Oh Well :!: I bet Colt played much better than our Colt for the Texas Longhorns.

Becky

Post subject: The 2005 Heisman could be tarnished
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 am 

The 2005 Winner of the Heisman(Reggie Bush) could be tarnished. Last year the NCAA started investigating Reggie Bush who won the Heisman in 2005.

Just curious if Reggie Bush is found guilty will the NCAA take the Heisman away from him :?:

If they do take the 2005 Heisman Trophy away from him the Runner-up Vince Young from TEXAS!!! :wink: :D would be the winner :!: Vince Young will have the 2005 Championship underneath him along with the MVP of the Rose Bowl.

This is very sad :cry: that a player like Reggie Bush would Jeopardize his situation and the Heisman Trophy Award. That is if he is guilty.

Becky

Post subject: Winner Tim Tebow - Sophmore
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 pm 

Winner of the 2007 Heisman Trophy is Tim Tebow from Florida Gators.

I was amazed that before Tim Tebow was born his Mother was so ill she almost lost him. Well she almost lost him 4 times.

Tim Tebow really came over many odds when he was young to become the 1st Sophmore to win the Heisman Trophy Award.

I still like Colt Brennan, but wish Tim Tebow well along with all the other candidates up for awards.

To me Football is a Team Sport & everyone who wins an individual award should make a comment about their team helping them win the award. Tim Tebow did this in his acceptance speech. :wink:

Becky

Board index » Everything Football » College Talk