Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Playoff game!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements

Post subject: Playoff game!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:44 am 

Hello fans

I'm sure it's no secret, Ed is on his way to the east coast for tropical breezes, sand between his toes and, oh yes, a playoff game!

Enjoy the playoffs!

And, from me and Ed, thank you for your support and loyalty this season. May you all have a BLISSful and prosperous New Year and may you find daily blessings and gratitudes which help make each day of your lives the very best day ever!

That's all!

Post subject: Re: Playoff game!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:38 pm 

Have a great 2009, Cat, and I look forward to seeing Mr. Hochuli in Miami this weekend!

Cheers!
Ryan

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 am 

Thank you Ryan. 2009 is already looking like a great year! Much success to you!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:29 pm 

I think it's great that there's a website dedicated to Mr. Hochuli...definitely one of my heroes...an attorney and in many ways, the face of the NFL.

I'm excited for the playoffs! Just wanted to say "Hello" and compliment the website.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:25 pm 

Cat, I am glad that Ed will be officiating the Miami Game. He is one awesome, refereee.
Jann

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 am 

Again, many thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. Ed had a blast at this game and throughout the season. As a matter of fact, something you may not know and perhaps for future trivia, one of Ed's protégés and former crew members, Al Riveron, who refereed this season, was at the Miami game as the alternate. Ed mentioned how great it was to spend time with him again. These guys really do share a nice camaraderie together.

That's all!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:45 pm 

He had great weather, and he did a great job on Sunday...
too bad the Dolphins lost.... :(

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:22 am 

Dear MiamiSpartan:

I am truly sorry for your loss. My brother is and always has been a huge Dolphins fan and, coincidentally and as fate would have it, I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my family in 1993 when Ed was reffing the snowy Dolphins-Dallas game and little did I know at that point in my life that my destiny would be to find my favorite NFL referee where he is today.... in my life and in my heart. Ok enough with the Schmoopie talk. Hang in there Dolphins fans there's always next season!!

That's all!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 pm 

Hi Cat,

Thanx's to Cball/Chris from this site. Here is a photo he found of Ed in 1993 in the Snow
Dolphins VS Cowboys 1993

Becky

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm 

cat58 wrote:
Dear MiamiSpartan:

I am truly sorry for your loss. My brother is and always has been a huge Dolphins fan and, coincidentally and as fate would have it, I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my family in 1993 when Ed was reffing the snowy Dolphins-Dallas game and little did I know at that point in my life that my destiny would be to find my favorite NFL referee where he is today.... in my life and in my heart. Ok enough with the Schmoopie talk. Hang in there Dolphins fans there's always next season!!

That's all!

Do I ever remember that game!
I had just moved to Miami a couple of years prior, (from Texas!) and we were heading out the door to go to friend's house for dinner, and I was standing there watching the game at the very end....I laughed my ass off!! (I H.A.T.E. the Cowboys!)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:26 am 

Thanks for the great photo Becky it looks very familiar. Oh yeah, it's on the wall of fame in our home office and one of the many I admire every day.

MiamiSpartan:

I remember that game very well too! The banter that went on between my brother-in-law, a DIE HARD Cowboys fan and my younger brother (the Dolphins' fan) made the game twice as exciting!

Fun walk down memory lane.

That's all!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm 

Photo of Ed Hochuli - Coin Toss 1993 Thanksgiving Day - Dolphins VS Cowboys

Becky

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements