Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/nfl85/www/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
NFL85.com Message Forum • View topic - Super Bowl XLII
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements

Post subject: Super Bowl XLII
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:53 pm 

THANK GOD THE GIANTS WON.

i hope the nfl slaps belichick with a nice big 'ole fine for leaving the stadium before the game was over. waht a total jerk.

mike carey---superb job

Post subject: Re: Super Bowl XLII
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:46 am 

9er fan wrote:
THANK GOD THE GIANTS WON.

i hope the nfl slaps belichick with a nice big 'ole fine for leaving the stadium before the game was over. waht a total jerk.

mike carey---superb job

Belichek was completely without class, or respect for Carey, whom he ignored on the field at the end, and there's no excuse for that. Just goes to show his true character. I don't know about thanking God, but I'm glad he/they lost, too. Especially since the season was fraught with scandal and doubts on and off the field.

Got to hand it to the Giants, what a playoff performance they put on this year! I credit their success to the defense, the offensive line, and Burress.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:00 pm 

The depressing thing is that the Giants won and they are not the best team in the NFL, I am saying it right now Jacksonville destroys New York. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and give me Big Ben out in Pittsburgh over Eli any day of the week. This is what SUCKS about football they need series like hockey, basketball and baseball then we would have knocked out the Giants who had no business being their in the first place.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:15 am 

cball1985 wrote:
The depressing thing is that the Giants won and they are not the best team in the NFL, I am saying it right now Jacksonville destroys New York. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and give me Big Ben out in Pittsburgh over Eli any day of the week. This is what SUCKS about football they need series like hockey, basketball and baseball then we would have knocked out the Giants who had no business being their in the first place.

Sounds good on paper, but football is far too physical a sport for series play. And part of it's appeal, at least to me, is that any given team on any given night can beat any other team. I don't think the Giants were better than the Packers, either, but they won, and that's what counts. Their playoff run does make for a good story, though. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am 

True it is a good story but know that dumfaced douche Eli Manning, who led the NFL in INT with 20 this season and lost 7 fumbles has a Superbowl ring and they won the game with their defense. Football is a tough sport but let's review in Baseball the Redsox won the WS they were the best team, in the NBA the best team is the Spurs, they won, in hockey the Ducks were the best team and they won the Stanley Cup, and in the NFL the Giants who are clearly not the best team won. In MLB, NBA, and NHL their are series and the best team won in the NFL no series and clearly one of the worst playoff teams (Tennesse is worse) won.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:17 pm 

cball1985 wrote:
True it is a good story but know that dumfaced douche Eli Manning, who led the NFL in INT with 20 this season and lost 7 fumbles has a Superbowl ring and they won the game with their defense. Football is a tough sport but let's review in Baseball the Redsox won the WS they were the best team, in the NBA the best team is the Spurs, they won, in hockey the Ducks were the best team and they won the Stanley Cup, and in the NFL the Giants who are clearly not the best team won. In MLB, NBA, and NHL their are series and the best team won in the NFL no series and clearly one of the worst playoff teams (Tennesse is worse) won.

I disagree. By the very fact that they DID win, they were (are) the best team that night, and that's all that matters. Whether we like it or not, 'dems 'da facts.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:50 pm 

I agre with Jerome.

NFL is too rough for series play, and the best team won. It doesnt matter if you are 18-0 entering the SB, it matter if you win. The Giants were able to take down the Bucs, the Cowboys, and the Pack, the latter 2 being the best NFL teams, and 2 of the 4 best NFL teams. You cannot say that the Giants arent good if they did that.

Post subject: Hi Chris, Jerry & 9er Fan
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm 

The only good thing about Super Bowl XLII is that the Patriots LOST :!:

Watching the Parade & Celebration in New York Giant Stadium & they are saying the Giants are America's Team => WRONG :!:

The DALLAS COWBOYS are AMERICA'S TEAM :!: :!: All I can say is that the Giants cannot think of anything to express themselves, because the COWBOYS are America's Team :!:

I rest my case :!:

Becky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 pm 

Who did you leave out 9er fan the Jags or the Colts as you stated 2 of the 4 best teams Jacksonville would destroy the NYG.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:09 pm 

For the record, today 2/5/08, post Superbowl if you were to ask me the top 5 temas in the NFL, the GIants would not make it, if Parker was healthy in then Pitssburgh may have made the list.
5. Jags
4. Cowboys
3. Packers
2. Colts
1. Pats

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm 

Something else that has yet to be brought up which shocks me is how does anyone root for Eli Manning, in my book he is a big crybaby. He gets his dad to tell the Chargers that if you draft my son with the #1 pick he will not play for you, obviously if you have the #1 pick your year was not so great, the point of it is to get the player that will best help you improve if the players start saying they will only play with this team or refuse to play for that team then what is the point of the draft. Anyways I may be the only one who feels this way and that is fine by me, but I cannot root for somebody who hides behind their LAST NAME and THEIR FATHER to get what they want be a man ELI, I do not like you or the team you play for, I will nevber root for you as a matter of fact I root for you to tear your ACL every year just so the NFL is better. FYI Eli learn something from Peyton he went to Indianapolis did not complian and won his ring and is one of the best in the NFL, and I would say that most people respect him, and I have none for you.

Chris

Board index » Ed Hochuli and Officiating » Announcements